Published on: Aug 02 2019
Driven by a life-long desire to help others, Richard Hunter became known as one of the world’s foremost color scientists. A key accomplishment of his R & D career was the Theory of Opponent Colors, more widely known as Hunter Lab; today a cornerstone color scale throughout the entire color measurement industry. Now, we embrace his mission of helping others and provide world-class customer support and product innovation.
HunterLab color measurement solutions are employed in a wide variety of industries including building materials, chemical, food, paint, paper, pharmaceutical, plastic, textile, and others. Our Associates enjoy an innovative, supportive and friendly work environment, great benefits including an Employee Stock Ownership Program, and a real opportunity to make a difference in science, technology, engineering, and math fields (STEM). Join our talented team of professionals and leaders. More than a job; it’s an adventure in science with a global reach.
Summary of job:
As a member of the Manufacturing Team, this position performs more complex mechanical, optical and electrical adjustments and alignments to manufacturing specifications on subassemblies and finished instruments. The Assembler II applies knowledge of electrical and mechanical principles to production in determining equipment malfunctions and effectively routes work to the required area. Works on assignments that are routine and repetitive in nature, requiring limited judgment. This position has gained proficiency in multiple competencies including Assembler I job role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assemble high-quality electro-mechanical and optical instruments and position, install, align, and fasten units to assemblies, subassemblies, or cable harnesses for optimal performance while interpreting mechanical assembly drawings, Bills of Material (BOM), written and verbal instructions.
- Review schematics or other instructions to determine operational methods or sequences. Render modification and create tool modifications for parts, as needed.
- Connect cables, tubes, and wiring, according to specifications. Solder electrical components, as necessary.
- Inspect, test, and adjust in-coming and in-process assemblies to ensure that units meet specifications, tolerances, and customer order requirements.
- Determine and solve defects in assembly instruments, materials or questionable conditions to supervisor. Reject material per process and documents rework hours.
- Inspect own work for quality and meets company quality requirements as defined in the quality manual and work instructions; Reports quality issues immediately. Determine solutions using basic problem-solving skills including 8D, Fishbone, Cause and Effect or a general Root Cause, Preventative Action and Corrective Action processes.
- Work with Assembler III & Quality Assurance (QA) and management on continuous improvement projects and follows the HunterLab Quality Assurance Manual (QAM) assuring adherence to approved quality standards and procedures.
- Meet product labor standard and standard run rate efficiency for assigned work.
- Prepare and maintain accurate manufacturing production, maintenance logs or data, and create a Debug / Out of Control Action Plan for each operation. Adhere to QF-9 quality forms.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Successful Candidate will have:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 3 or more year’s related mechanical and production manufacturing/instrumentation
- or equivalent combination of education and experience
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to company background check.
Interested to know more? Visit us at https://www.hunterlab.com.
What makes HunterLab a great place to work?
At HunterLab, you will become an integral and respected part of the team. Our employees are known as “Associates” because we are all stakeholders in HunterLab’s continued success. HunterLab is 100% employee-owned! This is clearly conveyed through our excellent benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, EAP, vacation leave, sick leave, paid holidays, 401(k) including company match, education/tuition assistance, life insurance, disability insurance, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and company profit sharing. Our Associates are offered long-term growth and opportunity and are proud to be on our team. With over 60 years of experience in our industry, you will become part of an outstanding group of experts in our industry. We’re also in walking distance to the Metro Silver Line!
HUNTERLAB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. HunterLab participates in E-Verify.Back To Career Listing