At HunterLab, we believe that our growth and success are in large part dependent upon the growth and success of our people, who we call 'Associates'. Why Associates? Because it was important to our founder, Richard Hunter, that we all feel a part of the greater whole. Therefore, each of us has a personal and tangible stake in the growth and prosperity of the Company.
We continually strive to create a work environment which encourages teamwork and mutual accountability to ensure our products and services meet our customer's expectations and requirements and that HunterLab is a place where you enjoy working. Your success can lead to opportunities for continued professional growth and provide you with rewards through our Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and Bonus Award Program. We invite you to learn more about who we are, what we do and why it's great to be a HunterLab Associate!
HunterLab values its Associates and provides a comprehensive range of benefits to best meet their needs:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability.
- Basic Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance:
- Supplemental Life
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
- Flexible Work Schedule
Retirement and Incentive Plans:
- 401(k) matching
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Bonus Award Program (Profit Sharing Plan)
- Educational Reimbursement
- Credit Union offers savings, checking credit card, loan services and more
- Special Discounts programs
From ketchup to Oreo cookies to McCormick Spices, our work ensures the quality of products you rely on every day.
When human beings look at an object, the first three things we perceive are size, shape, and color. Color is the domain of HunterLab. From food to pharmaceuticals, paint, plastic, building materials, chemicals, paper, and textiles, HunterLab provides the most effective instruments and services available for the identification, measurement, and control of the way things look. We are an employee owned company working in 55 countries. (We maintain websites in seven languages and 60 percent of our sales are international.)
Summary of job:
We are looking for a dependable, friendly, customer service driven Receptionist who possess a positive attitude to serve as our first point of contact for our customers and visitors. This position is ideal for a college student or someone looking to get into an entry level office environment.
This is a part-time position, 20 hours/week from 12:45pm-4:45pm Monday – Friday.
In this position, you will:
- Greet all visitors with a professional and courteous manner.
- Ensures visitors check-in and issue visitor passes while adhering to our visitor policy.
- Operate telephone business system to answer, screen and transfer calls to the appropriate Associate.
- Handle requests for information and general inquiries promptly and courteously and directs caller to appropriate destination.
- Page and make announcements through the intercom system.
- Inform Associates of visitor’s arrival.
- Manage conference room reservation.
- Coordinate with other Associates to ensure that the reception area has coverage during core business hours.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Maintains a clean and professional reception area at all times.
- Perform various data entry, typing and other administrative support to internal departments as needed.
- Maintains a positive professional image and adherence to the company’s dress code.
- Other duties as assigned.
You have the following attributes:
- Flexible and Capable - You manage changing priorities with ease and get the job done. You do whatever it takes.
- Positive Attitude - You represent the company. You are often the first person a customer sees or the first voice they hear. Your positive attitude tells our potential and current customers that we are interested in them and their needs. Always smile!
- Organizational Ability - You work independently and keep yourself on track and accomplish your tasks without supervision.
- Dependability - You are always on time and give accurate, reliable information about the company to all inquiries.
- Good Listening Skills/Effective communicator - You take the time to listen to the customers so that you can be efficient in answering their questions or connecting them to the correct department.
- Professionalism - You are the first person the customers, visitors and future Associates encounter, so making a good first impression is critical.
- Customer service - You have a positive approach and the ability to be flexible and capable of handling urgent matters in an effective manner. You understand the needs and concerns of others and realistically manage expectations
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of front desk/receptionist experience.
- Excellent customer service and displays a good natured positive attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to professionally and courteously interact with customers, visitors and co-workers.
- Must be able to speak English clearly.
- Professional phone manner.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Basic computer literacy and working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Outlook).
- Reliable, responsible, dependable and fulfill obligations.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
Please submit your resume, salary requirement and cover letter stating what sets you apart from other applicants online. Or email your resume to HR@Hunterlab.com with "Receptionist" in the suject line of the email.
Apply Now »
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
At HunterLab, you will become an integral and respected part of the team. Our employees are known as “Associates” because we are all stakeholders in HunterLab’s continued success. This is clearly conveyed through our excellent benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, EAP, vacation leave, sick leave, paid holidays, 401(k) including company match, education/tuition assistance, life insurance, disability insurance, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and company profit sharing. Our Associates are offered long-term growth and opportunity and are proud to be on our team. With over 60 years of experience in our industry, you will become part of an outstanding group of experts in our industry. We’re also in walking distance to the Metro Silver Line!
HUNTERLAB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.