Summary of job:
HunterLab is currently seeking a Part-time Human Resources Assistant (20 hours/week) who will be participate in HR projects and administrative tasks working under the supervision of the HR Manager. In an assistant capacity, duties include participating in recruiting, onboarding, employee relations and benefits administration. Recordkeeping, personnel file management, assisting at the receptionist desk and other administrative duties are required.
Responsibilities of this position includes:
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Conducts orientation and benefit enrollment for new employees.
- Removes terminated employees from benefits programs.
- Provides support to the HR Manager in the administration and recordkeeping of employee benefits.
- Reconciles benefit statements.
- Maintains and updates employee benefits summary.
- Updates HR Census with employee change request and processes paperwork.
- Communicates employee changes and updates to payroll through the Personnel Action Form (PAF).
- Assists with recruitment through job postings, resume review, phone screening and scheduling interviews.
- Works with managers to complete the evaluation of interviewed candidates and may perform reference checks.
- Tracks applicant flow and communicates with interviewees not selected.
- Verifies I-9 documentation and utilizes E-Verify for new hires.
- Prepares new employee files, maintains personnel and office administration files.
- Assists in the development and tracking of job descriptions.
- Participates in event planning and distributes anniversary cards.
- Maintains organizational chart.
- Provides break coverage for Receptionist.
- Assists HR Manager with various research or special projects, as needed.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all HR related matters and employee information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Experiences, Skills, and Competencies:
- Education: High School degree or equivalent required. Associate’s degree in Business or HR related field preferred.
- Work Experience: Minimum of 2 years of office administration experience. Six months of HR experience and/or studies in HR required.
- Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and internet research. Experience in ADP Workforce Now a plus.
- Have a basic understanding of Materials Requirement Planning (MRP) systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical and electronic assemblies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated relationship building skills, critical thinking skills and a good sense of teamwork.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and highly organized.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Capabilities needed for this position includes:
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to exercise discretion when handling confidential information.
- Experience utilizing ADP Workforce Now desired.
- Demonstrated research and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload with attention to detail.
- Adaptability to changing priorities, ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Attributes we’re seeking for this position includes:
An individual should possess the following attributes in order to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.