Published on: Mar 07 2019
Summary of job:
As a part of the Human Resources Team, this position performs varied human resources professional work in support of the HunterLab strategic and HR goals. This position involves researching, developing and administering human resources policies, procedures and programs and supporting employee engagement programs. The Human Resources Generalist I carries out multiple day-to-day HR responsibilities including employee relations, recruiting, staffing, and selection; compensation and benefits administration, employee onboarding and organizational exit, and employee engagement & recognition activities. The position works play a critical role in human resources actions, maintaining human resources files and records, preparing related reports, and serving as a point-of-contract for company Associates.
In this position, you will:
- Provides human resources advice and consultation to employees and management, to include coaching and counseling on performance management issues, conflict management, interpretation of employment policies and resolution.
- Responsible for the full life cycle recruitment process. Develop and implement recruiting strategies to meet current or anticipated staffing needs.
- Ensure compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification; updates in E-Verify; periodically audits Forms I-9.
- Lead and conduct new employee onboarding covering all HR topics, company policies and procedures, employee benefits and culture; Train, assign, and evaluate Onboarding Partners.
- Perform benefits administration, including eligibility, claims resolution, change reporting, reconcile invoices for payment, managing open enrollment and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Communicates employee changes and updates to payroll.
- Assist employees with any questions and needs regarding company policies, benefits, payroll, performance management, and training; Prepare and respond to employment verifications.
- Write and create employee communications, announcements and flyers marketing various HR programs and initiatives which are key to the attraction and retention of employees.
- Coordinate and plan all company employee engagement and employee recognition activities including anniversary, birthday, picnics, retirement, or holiday events.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Maintain company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Assist in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of the HR department in relation to strategic goals. Recommends new HR approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and quality of services performed.
- Assists HR Manager with various research or special projects, as needed.
- Provides break coverage and back up support for Receptionist as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree in HR management, HR development, or related field with 3-5+ years of progressively responsible human resources experience that includes responsibility for administering human resources policies and programs or a master's degree in HR management or related field and 2 years of HR experience or seven years of progressively responsible human resources experience, or any similar combination of education and experience.
- Designation as a Professional Human Resources Professional (PHR) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) SHRM-CP desired. ADP experience preferred.
- Ability to be detail-oriented, accurate and organized
- Must be reliable, dependable, and trustworthy, as well as able to maintain confidential information.
- Must be flexible and adaptable and have the ability to stay focused and positive in a changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Able to juggle competing demands, prioritize, work with a sense of urgency, meet deadlines, exceed expectations, and deliver on commitments.
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive information with the utmost discretion, maturity and professionalism.
- Solid foundation and knowledge of HR principles and HR best practices.
- Ability to deal effectively with employees / management, requiring high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse emotionally charged issues and to collect accurate information to resolve conflicts or issues.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and team player skills.
- Sound judgment, and critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
What makes HunterLab a great place to work?
At HunterLab, you will become an integral and respected part of the team. Our employees are known as “Associates” because we are all stakeholders in HunterLab’s continued success. HunterLab is 100% employee owned! This is clearly conveyed through our excellent benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, EAP, vacation leave, sick leave, paid holidays, 401(k) including company match, education/tuition assistance, life insurance, disability insurance, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and company profit sharing. Our Associates are offered long-term growth and opportunity and are proud to be on our team. With over 60 years of experience in our industry, you will become part of an outstanding group of experts in our industry. We’re also in walking distance to the Metro Silver Line!
HUNTERLAB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. HunterLab participates in E-Verify.
Back To Career Listing