Published on: Apr 05 2019
From ketchup to Oreo cookies to McCormick Spices, our work ensures the quality of products you rely on every day.
When human beings look at an object, the first three things we perceive are size, shape, and color. Color is the domain of HunterLab. From food to pharmaceuticals, paint, plastic, building materials, chemicals, paper, and textiles, HunterLab provides the most effective instruments and services available for the identification, measurement, and control of the way things look. We are an employee owned company working in 55 countries.
Summary of job:
As a member of the Manufacturing Engineering Team, this senior-level position plans and designs manufacturing processes to maximize manufacturability and serviceability. The Manufacturing Engineer II is skilled and adept at design and technical concepts and manages equipment layout, workflow, assembly methods, materials requirements and documentation to achieve manufacturing goals. This position has a high level of responsibility for new product manufacturability, serviceability, and quality operational processes. This role applies knowledge of electrical, optical and mechanical principles to sustaining manufacturing and servicing of existing products. The Manufacturing Engineer II has gained expertise in multiple competencies including capacity and capability analyses. Serves as a mentor to Manufacturing Engineers and various Technicians within the organization.In this position, you will:
- Plan, design, and recommend manufacturing processes for new and existing products with high efficiency and quality while meeting on-time deliveries.
- Analyze layouts, establishes workflow, determines assembly methods, and Implements all designs and process improvements.
- Determine parts, equipment, and tools needed to achieve goals according to product specifications.
- Estimate technical and resource requirements for new products being introduced into manufacturing.
- Troubleshoot, determine and resolve operational performance problems with all product systems and sub-assemblies. Address root cause of operational failures including calibration data, non-conformant materials, process errors, and testing. Determine best solutions using problem-solving skills including Fishbone, Cause, and Effect or a general Root Cause, Preventative Action and Corrective Action processes.
- Perform assembly, calibration, and testing of new product prototypes; Offer suggestions for fabrication of mechanical, electrical, optical components and production/customer software; Ensure all products are maintainable over expected lifetime.
- Investigate and recommend new methods, techniques, and training to improve manufacturing efficiency, quality, and on-time delivery.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); Draft department documents, flowcharts, calibration processes or other technical documents for effective manufacturing; Maintain Bill of Materials (BOMs).
- Provide technical support to all areas of the organization.
- Lead, guide, and train Manufacturing Engineers and Manufacturing Engineering Technicians.
- Support the Quality Assurance (QA) and management on continuous improvement projects and follows the HunterLab Quality Assurance Manual (QAM) assuring adherence to approved quality standards and procedures.
- Work with Director of Product Life Engineering to identify quality solutions and supports the implementation of new solutions.
- Support safety regulations and company policies to include performing Job Safety Analysis; Follow company safety regulations and company policies as designated by the Quality System.
- Provide production, progress, or changeover reports to Director of Product Life Engineering.
- Attend Engineering design meeting to provide feedback on new product development.
- Serve as a vendor liaison for current or new designs and processes; Assess vendor items as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Electronic Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or related discipline with 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing/industrial engineering, engineering, or other related work experience,
- or a Master’s degree in Physics or Engineering with 3+ years’ experience;
- or combination of education and experience.
- 3-D CAD modeling, SolidWorks, and Altium experience required.
- Configuration Management (CM) and Change Control under the Quality Management System (QMS) required.
- Enterprise Resource Management (ERP) and MES experience preferred.
- Certified Manufacturing Engineer (CMfgE) Certification preferred.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification (SSGB) preferred.
Please submit your resume, salary requirement and cover letter stating what sets you apart from other applicants.
- Online at www.hunterlab.com/careers or
- Email your resume to HR@Hunterlab.com with “____” in the subject line of the email.
What makes HunterLab a great place to work?
At HunterLab, you will become an integral and respected part of the team. Our employees are known as “Associates” because we are all stakeholders in HunterLab’s continued success. HunterLab is 100% employee owned! This is clearly conveyed through our excellent benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, EAP, vacation leave, sick leave, paid holidays, 401(k) including company match, education/tuition assistance, life insurance, disability insurance, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and company profit sharing. Our Associates are offered long-term growth and opportunity and are proud to be on our team. With over 60 years of experience in our industry, you will become part of an outstanding group of experts in our industry. We’re also in walking distance to the Metro Silver Line!
HUNTERLAB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. HunterLab participates in E-Verify.Back To Career Listing