Published on: Jan 27 2020
Summary of job:
As a member of the Manufacturing Engineering Team, this position plans and designs manufacturing processes to maximize manufacturability and serviceability. The Manufacturing Engineer II is skilled and adept at design and technical concepts and manages equipment layout, workflow, assembly methods, materials requirements, and documentation to achieve manufacturing goals. This position has a high level of responsibility for new product manufacturability, serviceability, and quality operational processes. This role applies knowledge of electrical, optical, mechanical, and software development principles to sustain manufacturing and servicing of existing products. The Manufacturing Engineer II has increased expertise in multiple competencies, including capacity and capability analyses. Serve as a technical mentor and trainer to Manufacturing Engineers and various Technicians within the organization.
Key responsibilities include:
- Plan, design, and recommend manufacturing processes for new and existing products with high efficiency and quality while meeting on-time deliveries.
- Analyze layouts, establish workflow, determine assembly methods, and implement all design and process improvements.
- Determine parts, equipment, and tools needed to achieve goals according to product specifications.
- Estimate technical and resource requirements for new products planned for manufacturing.
- Troubleshoot and resolve operational performance problems with all production systems and sub-assemblies addressing the root causes of operational failures, including calibration data, non-conformant materials, process errors, and testing.
- Perform assembly, calibration, and testing of new product prototypes; offer suggestions for the fabrication of mechanical, electrical, optical components, and production/customer software; ensure all products are maintainable over the expected lifetime.
- Investigate and recommend new methods, techniques, and training needed to improve manufacturing efficiency, quality, and on-time delivery.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); draft department documents, flow charts, calibration processes or other technical documents for effective manufacturing; maintain Bill of Materials (BOMs).
- Increase productivity and efficiency by analyzing technology or capability gaps. Research, develop, and deploy software solutions using process automation.
- Provide technical support to all areas of the organization.
- Assist Manufacturing Engineering Manager with daily management and training of Manufacturing Engineers and Technicians.
- Support the Quality Assurance (QA) and management on continuous improvement projects and follow the HunterLab Quality Assurance Manual (QAM) assuring adherence to approved quality standards and procedures.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering Manager to identify quality solutions and support the implementation of new solutions.
- Support safety regulations and company policies to include performing Job Safety Analysis; Follow company safety regulations and company policies as designated by the Quality System.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Successful Candidate will have:
- Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering or related discipline with 1-2+ years’ experience in manufacturing/industrial engineering, or other related work experience, OR a Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering with 4+ years’ experience, OR an Associate’s degree in Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering with 8+ years’ experience
- Required: 3-D CAD modeling, PCB layout, or automation programming experience. Configuration Management (CM) and Change Control under the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Preferred: Applied experience with Python, C, C++. Enterprise Resource Management (ERP) and MES experience. Certified Manufacturing Engineer (CMfgE) Certification. Six Sigma Green Belt Certification (SSGB).
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to company background check.
Interested to know more? Visit us at https://www.hunterlab.com/careers
Driven by a life-long desire to help others, Richard Hunter became known as one of the world’s foremost color scientists. A key accomplishment of his R & D career was the Theory of Opponent Colors, more widely known as Hunter Lab; today a cornerstone color scale throughout the entire color measurement industry. Now, we embrace his mission of helping others and provide world-class customer support and product innovation.
HunterLab color measurement solutions are employed in a wide variety of industries including building materials, chemical, food, paint, paper, pharmaceutical, plastic, textile, and others. Our Associates enjoy an innovative, supportive and friendly work environment, great benefits including an Employee Stock Ownership Program, and a real opportunity to make a difference in science, technology, engineering, and math fields (STEM). Join our talented team of professionals and leaders. More than a job; it’s an adventure in science with a global reach.
What makes HunterLab a great place to work?
At HunterLab, you will become an integral and respected part of the team. Our employees are known as “Associates” because we are all stakeholders in HunterLab’s continued success. HunterLab is 100% employee owned! This is clearly conveyed through our excellent benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, EAP, vacation leave, sick leave, paid holidays, 401(k) including company match, education/tuition assistance, life insurance, disability insurance, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and company profit sharing. Our Associates are offered long-term growth and opportunity and are proud to be on our team. With over 60 years of experience in our industry, you will become part of an outstanding group of experts in our industry. We’re also in walking distance to the Metro Silver Line!
HUNTERLAB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. HunterLab participates in E-Verify.Back To Career Listing