Published on: Apr 05 2019
From ketchup to Oreo cookies to McCormick Spices, our work ensures the quality of products you rely on every day.
When human beings look at an object, the first three things we perceive are size, shape, and color. Color is the domain of HunterLab. From food to pharmaceuticals, paint, plastic, building materials, chemicals, paper, and textiles, HunterLab provides the most effective instruments and services available for the identification, measurement, and control of the way things look. We are an employee-owned company working in 55 countries.
Summary of job:
As a member of the Manufacturing Team working in the Materials Management area, this position works independently in a wide range of stockroom activities, including receiving, storing, selecting, and delivering a variety of company materials, units, or product to work areas. The positions pulls orders from inventory, delivers materials and supplies to departments, and stages finished product. The Material Handler II counts and weighs parts to check quantity accuracy. They monitor stockroom inventory and reports discrepancies in quantities to supervisors.
In this position, you will:
- Perform basic stockroom material handling activities including unloading inventory, receiving parts, material movements, order fulfillment, and inventory.
- Check orders placed by order entry, pick kits based on customer orders and pulls the right products for each order; stages orders and prepare kits for shipment.
- Load and unload inventory deliveries in the stockroom and ensure each incoming delivery matches the company purchase order.
- Open containers, using cutters, crowbar, claw hammer, or other hand tools; Tag or mark identifying information on inventory.
- Establish identity such as stock number, model, and serial number of various items determined by material review board (MRB).
- Count or weigh parts to check quantity accuracy of inventory materials; Adheres to company procedures for stored materials including documentation and Enterprise Resource Management.
- Work closely with the Inventory Control Supervisor to monitor supply levels, determine inventory shortages, meet on-time delivery, and submit purchasing recommendations on a regular basis.
- Convey materials to or from the stockroom to work sites on mobile carts.
- Perform basic stockroom management using First-In-First-Out (FIFO) methods to maintain shelf-life of inventory.
- Inspect own work for quality and meet company quality requirements as defined in the quality manual and work instructions; Reports quality issues immediately. Follow the HunterLab Quality Assurance Manual (QAM) assuring adherence to approved quality standards and procedures.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Problem solve with equipment, transactions, and processes; Determine solutions utilizing problem-solving skills including root cause preventive actions, and process mapping.
- Communicate within, and outside department to create interdepartmental collaboration.
- Cross train with various Materials Management positions to provide back up for peak demand, vacations, or absence.
- Provide production, progress, or changeover reports to supervisors.
- Participate and share knowledge during meetings.
- Participate in the company annual physical inventory.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of 1 or more year’s related experience in materials handling, inventory management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Enterprise Resource Management experience preferred.
Please submit your resume, salary requirement and cover letter stating what sets you apart from other applicants.
- Online at www.hunterlab.com/careers or
- Email your resume to HR@Hunterlab.com with “Materials Handler” in the subject line of the email.
What makes HunterLab a great place to work?
At HunterLab, you will become an integral and respected part of the team. Our employees are known as “Associates” because we are all stakeholders in HunterLab’s continued success. HunterLab is 100% employee owned! This is clearly conveyed through our excellent benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, EAP, vacation leave, sick leave, paid holidays, 401(k) including company match, education/tuition assistance, life insurance, disability insurance, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and company profit sharing. Our Associates are offered long-term growth and opportunity and are proud to be on our team. With over 60 years of experience in our industry, you will become part of an outstanding group of experts in our industry. We’re also in walking distance to the Metro Silver Line!
HUNTERLAB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. HunterLab participates in E-Verify.
Back To Career Listing