Published on: Oct 18 2018
What makes HunterLab a great place to work?
At HunterLab, you will become an integral and respected part of the team. Our employees are known as “Associates” because we are all stakeholders in HunterLab’s continued success. HunterLab is 100% employee owned! This is clearly conveyed through our excellent benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, EAP, vacation leave, sick leave, paid holidays, 401(k) including company match, education/tuition assistance, life insurance, disability insurance, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and company profit sharing. Our Associates are offered long-term growth and opportunity and are proud to be on our team. With over 60 years of experience in our industry, you will become part of an outstanding group of experts in our industry. We’re also in walking distance to the Metro Silver Line! To learn more about HunterLab visit us online at www.hunterlab.com/careers
Summary of job:
As a member of the Compliance and Validation team, this position performs activities such as receiving, inspecting and testing of incoming material and in-process assemblies to ensure compliance with specifications and standards. The Quality Assurance Inspector II performs testing to ensure assemblies and materials conforms to established standards, assembly drawings and other documentation and write inspection reports listing discrepancies of non-conformance.
In this position, you will:
- Perform incoming and in-process inspections of fabricated mechanical, optical and electronic parts, and manufactured assemblies and/or sub-assemblies.
- Interprets, measures and verifies mechanical dimensions and tolerances using standard measuring tools and equipment
- Report inspection results of purchased and returned materials.
- Report and document all non-conforming materials
- Create and helps maintain a process that identifies and documents non-conforming materials and processes.
- Maintain inspection criteria and results on inspected items.
- Identify and implement improvements in inspection processes.
- Assist in coordinating the calibration of tools and test equipment in the Instrument Test and Inspection Program. This includes but is not limited to linear equipment, crimp tools, and test fixtures.
- Work with other departments to research and resolve quality-related problems.
- Conduct compliance and verification testing of instruments as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
You possess the following:
- 3+ years of incoming and in-process inspection experience of fabricated mechanical, optical and electronic parts, and manufactured assemblies and/or sub-assemblies.
- May be substituted for machine shop or machinist experience.
- Experience with Mechanical Inspection Tools such as: calipers, Micrometers, pin gauges, depth gauges, etc.
- Ability to understand and interpret Assembly Drawings, Wiring Diagrams, CAD Drawings, etc.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- ASQ Quality Inspector Certification Preferred.
Please submit your resume, salary requirement and cover letter stating what sets you apart from other applicants.
HUNTERLAB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. HunterLab participates in E-Verify.
Back To Career Listing